The Danish artist Jeppe Hein (1974) gives his answers to the “Daily Dozen” questions. Read more about him in the section “Artists”.
1. What’s the best moment of your day.
Waking up with my children.
2. Why do you work as an artist?
Because the creative energy of being an artist brings so much joy and happiness.
3. What films, concerts, exhibits, or books have left a lasting impression on you?
“The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari”, by Robin S. Sharma.
4. Where do you currently get ideas for your works?
When I am far away from art.
5. Which work(s) of art would you like to have in your possession?
Works that directly appeal to me.
6. What do you do when you’re not occupied with art?
I do yoga, play with my children, or take a walk outside.
7. Do you sleep a lot?
8. Do you collect anything?
9. What is one of the most important things in your studio?
10. What do you like to eat, and what don’t you like?
I like food made with love.
11. When you were a kid, what did you want to be?
A football player.
12. Name three creative individuals, from any era, with whom you’d gladly spend an evening.
Kirsten, Silke, Alba & Lucie.